Tuesday 7 July 2015

Photoshoot Planning

Media Production

Photo shoot planning document


What emotional impact do you want your photography do have upon the reader? How?
I want my images to make the reader aware of the enthusiastic attitude that young people have about film.  Some of the images such as the one on the cover will be a reflection of young independent film makers both from now and from the 60s and 70s, when young film makers had a strong presence in the film industry.


What personnel do you need? Who are you going to photograph?
I am going to photograph a female family member who will act as the editor.  They will feature on the editor's page.  Their image will be a medium shot.


What props will you need?
I will be using a Super 8 camera on the cover, contents page and feature page to show that 'old school' filmmaking is not necessarily old-fashioned as lots of young people are very passionate about film.


How are you going to emphasise colour?
The colours I use will be both bright and dark.  For example on the cover there will be a black background with yellow text.  This will be carried throughout my products, especially on the billboard which will make it more of a stand-out advertisement.


Have you briefed your personnel/models?
I have briefed the person who will appear in my magazine and they have signed a consent slip giving permission for the image of them to be used.


What lighting will you need? Any other equipment?
The light sources will be natural however I will have to take the pictures at a time when the weather is suitable for them.  The cover image will need to be taken with a dark background so that the 'noir' effect I add to the image looks more effective.


Where will you shoot? Will you need a backdrop?
The shots I take outdoors will be taken at the Tyne Bridge, South Shields beach and the Tyneside Cinema.  The other outdoor image will be Big Ben which I will take while I am on holiday there. 



Make-up? Costume?
There will be no additional make-up needed and the clothing will be casual.

No comments:

Post a Comment